|Voice Actor||Miyuki Sawashiro|
|Eye Color||Purple and blue|
|Fur Color||Periwinkle (body)|
Light yellow (horn)
Purple (mane and tail)
|Magical Ranking||Super Crystal (JP1)|
|Partner||Alma Jinnai (JPT, current)|
Fealina (JPT, formerly)
Izumi Taira (JPH)
|Magical Item||Jewel Pod|
Opal is a periwinkle-colored winged unicorn with a yellow-colored horn on her head and a purple mane and tail. Her wings are decorated with rosaries of blue, pink, and yellow jewels.
Opal gets the most characterization in both Sunshine and Kira Deco. On where the first series describes her as a calm and yet supportive Jewelpet, Sunshine made her into an insecure but determined character while in Kira Deco made her into an antagonist character with a ladylike but wicked personality.
Opal is one of the only Jewelpet as being in class super Crystal then is considered one of the most important and powerful high level being Jewelpet her magic is very strong. She represents the miracles and awakening.
In Jewelpet, she is a Legendary Jewelpet, who can be summoned if someone has a Super Crystal Class ranking. She was summoned first in Episode 26 and later in Episode 51.
In Jewelpet Sunshine, she is one of the main characters.
- Main article: Opal/Image Gallery
- Opal's jewel motif is the opal, a mineraloid and an amorphous form of silica related to quartz which is used for jewelry.
- Opal was born in October, the month corresponding to her jewel.
- Opal is the only Jewelpet based on a mythical animal.
- Opal's design is inspired by Cornet, a character from the Cinnamoroll franchise.
- Interestingly, Opal's voice actress, Miyuki Sawashiro, would later voice Twilight Sparkle (who eventually becomes an alicorn) in the Japanese dub of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (which premiered in the US six months after Jewelpet Twinkle premiered in Japan).
|Magical Red||Ruby • Garnet • Rin • Ryl • Kohaku • Titana • Sango • Nix • Alex • Brownie • Jasper • Lolip • Rosa|
|Magical Blue||Sapphie • Luna • Yuku • Aqua • Kaiya • Opal • Amelie • Lapis • Io • Topaz • Charotte • Larimar|
|Magical Green||Peridot • Chite • Prase • Rald • Flora • Tour • Milky • Nephrite • Tata • Kris • Angela|
|Magical Black||Diana • King • Dian • Labra • Granite • Coal • Luea|